Friday, August 21, 2009

10 Important Questions for Kick Ass Friday



1. What meeting rules do I need to hold all meeting to, so everyone feels they have the right to speak up, the need to express their opinions, and the desire to contribute?
2. What am I afraid of in the workplace that is holding me back from being the best me I can be?
3. How do I intend on addressing those fears?
4. Who is the person I need to have a private conversation with to rebuild our communication lines?
5. Do I feel meetings are ever a safe environment to speak my mind? If not, how can this be corrected? What would be the benefits?
6. How does my management team shut down good ideas brought up in meetings? Has everyone been shut down so much no one even brings up those ideas anymore? What can correct this failure?
7. What work environment could I create to make everyone feel more comfortable and more productive?
8. Is my management style a push strategy or a pull strategy? A push strategy means you have to keep pushing people to get work done. A pull strategy means your work and leadership pulls people along because they want to be following you. Which do you think is most effective?
9. How well do I handle negative feedback? How can I improve my ability "to take it"?
10. What pain do I need to go through in order to become a better person on the other side of the painful experience?