Monday, August 31, 2009

Off the Grid

I am taking the week to "walk off the grid." I will have no Internet, TV, radio, phone or watch. I have become so connected that my electronics are controlling my actions and behaviors and causing me to constantly be in action. Wisdom comes in silence. Answers are clearer without the blur of distractions we call life. To find direction, sometimes you have to stop and look around and be still. I will be back on the 7th.

In the meantime, each day I will have questions I am working on for you to ponder as well. I'd love to hear any revelations you care to share. Here is something for you to ponder in the quiet moments of your day:

"Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom." -- Bertrand Russell

What one fear is guiding your actions at work? How can you manage that fear so it isn't such a strong voice in your mind?